[vcf-midatlantic] Press / social media for VCF East

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Fri Apr 1 21:32:57 EDT 2016

Our friends at Hackaday are sponsoring the eight-bit game programming
hackathon. They wrote the first of several articles yesterday:

http://hackaday.com/2016/03/31/hackaday-teams-with-vintage-computer-festival-for-retro-hackathon/

IEEE Spectrum is sending a reporter and photographer to the show.

We've already been publicized on the Facebook/Twitter accounts of the
ACM and of the IEEE History Center.

Next week we'll be on the CSTA blog + social media (Computer Science
Teachers Association).

InfoAge sent out an announcement on their Constant Contact account recently.

We have our own Constant Contact account and sent an announcement about
two weeks ago. That was before Ted Nelson signed up, and there are other
new details to share (more exhibits, class schedule, sponsors, etc.) so
we'll send another blast soon... maybe tonight.

I'm going to contact the Press of Atlantic City (daily paper there) and
tell them the story of how, 40 years ago this summer, Apple made its
public debut in their town... and that anyone can drive one hour north
to see Apple history at our show/museum.