[vcf-midatlantic] I made a mistake

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 14:21:27 EDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 1:32 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> Everyone,
>
> Of course, the 8's wooden platform is historic! We decided to mount it
>> on the wall above the ASR-'33 next to the 8 itself. The platform is
>> light, so we drilled a small hole in the center (it'll be covered) and
>> hung it with a lag bolt and washer into a stud.
>>

> I was wrong to hang the platform this way. That was a stupid thing to do.
> There are many other ways I could've hung it on the wall which would have
> been just as easy/effective and would not have made any permanent changes.
> Very regretful about this. Lesson learned.

​while some of us might fret over this
Look at it this way, you may have prevented several things,
Some visitor getting hit on the head with this if you used a substandard
hook that ripped off the wall
This might result in a liability lawsuit with damages for medical and/or
work loss from injury,
Maybe even a bad reputation from the community and/or Infoage management in
exhibiting poor responsibility.​
And possibly having the Liability insurance increase upon the next renewal
because of accidents/lawsuits.
Those are the alternatives