[vcf-midatlantic] Giving away 0.35 metric tons of books

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Thu Apr 7 13:14:57 EDT 2016

Here's my Web page about mold on diskettes. They can be cleaned for use;
they MUST be cleaned for use.

http://www.retrotechnology.com/herbs_stuff/clean_disks.html

Bill Degnan has used UV light, or just sunlight, to clean books and
magzines. I put books out in full sunlight with the pages separated by
sticks, to permit air flow. Really helps get that musty smell out.

I've found it very useful, to buy zip-lock bags for individual books or
bunches of diskettes. And I use "recycling trash bags" which are
transparent, for storing box-sided items, which can be closed with a
tie-wrap. these work both ways of course; keep mold in or out, keep
moisture out. Mold thrives where there is moisture.

My exhibit at VCF-East, will represent what happens to S-100 systems
stored in moisture.

Herb Johnson

--
Herbert R. Johnson,  New Jersey USA