[vcf-midatlantic] help for a HP86b in Italy

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Thu Apr 7 21:46:22 EDT 2016

I was contacted by someone in Italy, who is trying to get an HP86b
computer and its GP-IB connected floppy drive back into operation. He
has limited technical skills, and limited English. But he seems to be
finding the right Web sites with information on the computer. The HP
seems to be operating but not recognizing the drive; he'd cleaned the
drive to get the gunky grease out.

What he lacks, is some local help in his native Italy. USA discussion
groups speak in colloquial English, hard to read and write. They won't
be patient as he learns to describe actions in English. Myself, I've not
worked much with these, I'd have to (re)learn them to help, which is not
my priority.

Who is working with these old HP desktop computers in Europe, these days?

Herb Johnson

--
Herbert R. Johnson,  New Jersey USA
http://www.retrotechnology.com OR .net