[vcf-midatlantic] museum report

Jeff Galinat jgalinat at optonline.net
Fri Apr 8 08:27:02 EDT 2016

On 4/8/2016 7:32 AM, Brian Schenkenberger via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
> Where were you for the huge Jamesburg rescue? The Toms River rescue?
> And myriad others? Don't sling the shit when you're not there to wade
> through it (Jamesburg) with the others. Evan's called on me many times
> to employ my SUV and my trailer as the transport for much of what sits
> in the storage area. I've gone above and beyond the call of duty
> several times, despite requests NOT TO MOVE OR LIFT objects when I had
> my torn elbow ligamants; yet, there I was stuck moving and lifting. I
> spent 2 years of my life in plaster with 34 broken bones on the mend
> and another year learning to walk again. I live in constant pain from
> that -- exaccerbated now by my age -- and I have been there to move
> and lift a lot of crap about at the museum. So, please don't shower me
> with your self-indignation because you were there with your sawsall.
> It's stuff like this that keeps me from participating in the requested
> efforts.
Hi Brian,
   I am sorry I lost my cool.  You are right that I wasn't there. I
don't even know when those rescues took place as I don't know if I was
even a member of MARCH at that time.  That is exactly my point. I know
you have done a lot for this club & I never questioned your
contributions.  That which is why I would never criticize you for the
way you handled a situation if I wasn't there.  I guess I am
thin-skinned because I have tried to help a good deal with the museum
move and I don't care to have my efforts mocked on a public forum.
Admittedly I am not the best with tools, I will tell that to anybody.
The bottom line is,  I didn't have a hole haw or sabre saw with me.  The
museum is opening in 1 week with a handful of people doing the work.
Evan is working 16 hour days at the museum and a small group of us are
helping whenever we can.  We are doing the best we can in the time we
have left to prepare the museum for VCFe.    Will things have to be
tweaked/corrected? Yes, but the short answer is that the museum will be
ready for VCFe and any help is appreciated.
Regards,
Jeff