[vcf-midatlantic] OT: printer cartridges

Mike Loewen mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us
Sun Apr 10 01:36:43 EDT 2016

On Sun, 10 Apr 2016, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic wrote:

> Ran out of printer ink around 10ish tonight, so I spent the next hour chatting with the model train guy across the hallway. Cartridges came up. He said, "Doesn't the Walmart 15 minutes from here have them?" I said sure and maybe I'd go there tomorrow. He said, "They're 24 hours."
>
> Doh! I had no idea.
>
> 20 minutes later I had the cartridge. :)

    I don't recall which printer you have, but it might be worthwhile to
invest in a CISS (Continuous Ink Supply System), if one is available for
that printer.  Often available for less than $35, it will go for (often)
years on a tank of ink, eliminate the need for frequent ink cartridge
purchases.

    I've been using one for years on an Epson Photo Stylus R380.

Mike Loewen				mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us