[vcf-midatlantic] clearing the queue in VMS 5.2 (or thereabouts)

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 11:45:36 EDT 2016

> I see SMTP items.  Take a look at the actual server queue with:
>
> $ SHOW QUEUE/FULL SMTP_COBUCK
>
> The entry in the queue might shed some light.  It's very likely you have
> MULTINET SMTP configured incorrectly for your environment.

I was planning next to check START_SMTP.COM (which is invoked from
START_MULTINET.COM) .

Here is the output, note *MISSING* is the name I gave the directory by
accident when I installed MULTINET, I don't think other than the name it's
an issue, but I thought I'd mention.

COBUCK$DKA700:[*MISSING*.VAX_COMMON.MULTINET.SPOOL]

I am being conservative about making any changes to this system this close
to VCF East, but maybe we can talk about cleaning up the configs on Sat or
Sunday if you have time.

$ SHOW QUEUE/FULL SMTP_COBUCK
Server queue SMTP_COBUCK, busy, on COBUCK::, mounted form DEFAULT
  /BASE_PRIORITY=4 /DEFAULT=(FEED,FORM=DEFAULT) /OWNER=[SYSTEM]
  /PROCESSOR=MULTINET_SMTP_SYMBIONT /PROTECTION=(S:RWE,O:RWD,G:R,W:R)

  Entry  Jobname         Username     Blocks  Status
    785  SMTP-RETURN     SYSTEM            9  Processing
         Submitted  1-APR-2016 09:19 /FORM=DEFAULT /PRIORITY=100
         File:
_COBUCK$DKA700:[MISSING.VAX_COMMON.MULTINET.SPOOL]SMTP-RETURN.000
             (processing) /DELETE

Bill