[vcf-midatlantic] clearing the queue in VMS 5.2 (or thereabouts)

VAXman at tmesis.org VAXman at tmesis.org
Mon Apr 11 11:57:44 EDT 2016

william degnan via vcf-midatlantic writes:

>Here is the output, note *MISSING* is the name I gave the directory by
>accident when I installed MULTINET, I don't think other than the name
>it's an issue, but I thought I'd mention.
>
>COBUCK$DKA700:[*MISSING*.VAX_COMMON.MULTINET.SPOOL]

On an ODS-2 volume? {*}  I think not!  An asterisk is the wildcard character
in any VMS file specification, so I'd highly doubt that you have a directory
with an asterisk in it!

{*} I'm assuming ODS-2 because you said you're running V5.2.

>I am being conservative about making any changes to this system this
>close to VCF East, but maybe we can talk about cleaning up the configs
>on Sat or Sunday if you have time.
>

>$ SHOW QUEUE/FULL SMTP_COBUCK Server queue SMTP_COBUCK, busy, on
>COBUCK::, mounted form DEFAULT   /BASE_PRIORITY=4
>/DEFAULT=(FEED,FORM=DEFAULT) /OWNER=[SYSTEM]
>/PROCESSOR=MULTINET_SMTP_SYMBIONT /PROTECTION=(S:RWE,O:RWD,G:R,W:R)
>
>  Entry  Jobname         Username     Blocks  Status   -----  -------
>     --------     ------  ------     785  SMTP-RETURN     SYSTEM
>   9  Processing          Submitted  1-APR-2016 09:19 /FORM=DEFAULT
>/PRIORITY=100          File:
>_COBUCK$DKA700:[MISSING.VAX_COMMON.MULTINET.SPOOL]SMTP-RETURN.000
>      (processing) /DELETE

Saturday, with any luck and cooperating weather, I'm hoping to launch a NAR
certification rocket, so I won't be at InfoAge.  If you'll be there early on
Friday, I'll help you clean it up.  I was planning to attent VCF on Sunday.
If you're willing then, I'm game.

In the interim, you can delete the entries in the queue.  I'm confident that
whatever messages may be in the queue are/were not message you intended to be
sent. ;)