[vcf-midatlantic] clearing the queue in VMS 5.2 (or thereabouts)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Apr 11 13:12:35 EDT 2016

On 04/11/2016 01:04 PM, Brian Schenkenberger via vcf-midatlantic wrote:
>> > These were bolded my me for
>> emphasis.  Your email software converted to * > characters.  If you seen
>> an asterisk around something, assume this is your > email program
>> converting for you.   you must have a text email.
>>
>>  The asterisks are generated on the sending end, FYI.  Friggin'
>> Microsoft.
>
> Well, there's no BOLDIN here either:
>
> http://lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org/pipermail/vcf-midatlantic/2016-April/002852.html

  Right.  When you select a piece of text and make it bold, the Winders
stuff either puts asterisks around it or turns the whole damn thing into
a web page, depending on settings.

> As for Micro$haft, well, my opinion of their shoddiness is well known.

  Yes, they started all of this fonts/colors/dancing faces/etc garbage
in a purely textual medium.  I just automatically trim it out from
people running Microsoft garbage.  Fortunately it finally seems to be
dying out.

               -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ