[vcf-midatlantic] clearing the queue in VMS 5.2 (or thereabouts)

VAXman at tmesis.org VAXman at tmesis.org
Mon Apr 11 13:27:33 EDT 2016

william degnan via vcf-midatlantic writes:

>On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 1:16 PM, Brian Schenkenberger via
>vcf-midatlantic < vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org>
>wrote:
>
>> william degnan via vcf-midatlantic writes: > > > How does one clear
>the multinet SMTP cache, anyway?  I have looked > >but it's not obvious
>to me, must be handed over to the OS as a system > >function. > > $
>DELETE/ENTRY=# MULTINET_SMTP > > Do I have to
>
>$ DELETE/ENTRY=1 MULTINET_SMTP $ DELETE/ENTRY=2 MULTINET_SMTP $
>DELETE/ENTRY=3 MULTINET_SMTP $ DELETE/ENTRY=4 MULTINET_SMTP $
>DELETE/ENTRY=# MULTINET_SMTP
>
>800+ times?

I'm pretty sure that the lexical F$getqui() existed in V5.2 but then, I not
been very good at recalling all that history; especially, with versions that
are 25+ years old.

Try:

$ QUEUE = 'F$getqui("DISPLAY_QUEUE","QUEUE_NAME","MULTINET_SMTP")
$ 100$:	ENTRY = 'F$getqui("DISPLAY_ENTRY","ENTRY_NUMBER")
$	IF "''F$type(ENTRY)'".NES."STRING"
$	THEN
$	DELETE/ENTRY='ENTRY'
$	GOTO 100$