[vcf-midatlantic] Volunteer signup sheet for recording VCFEast Classes

Matt Patoray mspproductions at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:26:35 EDT 2016

Top post here, since its not chnging the signup sheet, since I will not be
at VCF-E but here are a frew tips to make things better.

1. Biggest pet pieve here, uninteliagable, noisy audio, at the minimum if
you are using a phone/tablet place it on something that holds the device so
therte is not a bunch of handeling noise. If possible connect an external
microphone that can be placed closer to the speaker, the acoustics in most
of those rooms are really not tjhat great and you get a lot of room echo.

2.2nd  biggest pet peive here, if you are shooting with a smartphone/tablet
please hold/mount it in landscape mode. TV's left a 3x2 aspect ratio once
John Logie Baird's mechanical TV failed.

3. Whoever is going to take on the editing should tell the volenteers what
format they need video in, that way you are not mixing SD,720P, 10801 and
1080P. They can be mixed but to make it work properly and look good takes
more work and a lot more rendering time.

4. Please use a tripod, there are even tripods for smartphones, they are
kind of crappy but do help.

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Douglas Crawford via vcf-midatlantic <

--
Matt Patoray
Owner, MSP Productions