[vcf-midatlantic] Anyone bringing IBM 3270 related items to VCF?

Jameel Akari jakari at bithose.com
Thu Apr 14 15:20:33 EDT 2016

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 2:01 PM, Jason Perkins via vcf-midatlantic <
>
>> Is anyone bringing a machine which uses 3270 protocols over coax? I
>> have an AppleLine 3270 adapter and I'd love to know if it works.

I for one would love to see one of these in action.

The author of this post and a related Macworld article would apparently
like to talk to you:

http://www.vintagecomputing.com/index.php/archives/1002/retro-scan-of-the-week-appleline

I can only wish I had kept more of the IBM stuff from $oldjob^2, where a
we scrapped at least one controller and gateway.

Anybody know anybody at Sungard (Availability, i.e. disaster recovery) in
Carlstadt, NJ?  The breadth and depth of IBM equipment they keep in-house
is/was staggering.  It'd be fantastic if their not-needed-by-customers
gear saw the light of day.  They did at least move an 029 punch and some
model of sorter to be on display in the lobby. :)

--
Jameel Akari