[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East XI.........

David Riley fraveydank at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 13:26:57 EDT 2016

On Apr 18, 2016, at 9:20 AM, Peter Cetinski via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:

> Thank you from my son Alex and I.  We really enjoyed our first exhibit and you guys put on an awesome show.  Not a complaint, just an observation, but the only issue we had was that the power in the old building seems to be a little flaky and caused one of my machines to spuriously reboot from time to time.  May just be a finicky PS board in that machine but I’ve never seen it happen before.  I’ll have to remember to bring a UPS next time. :)

FWIW, the campus is actually on a brand-new transformer; the old one (which I think predated WWII) met its end at the hands of Hurricane Sandy.  The new power system is actually quite an improvement!

That, of course, doesn't mean the lines might not be noisy, especially for the long drops we use to get power into the hall. Bringing a UPS might be a generally good idea for most folks, because it'll filter the power better and provide a lot more protection against surges just in case.

- Dave