[vcf-midatlantic] VCF East XI....pics

VAXman at tmesis.org VAXman at tmesis.org
Fri Apr 22 09:20:13 EDT 2016

william degnan via vcf-midatlantic writes:

>> I saw those yesterday when you posted a link to your pix.  I also see that
>> I made the background in the IEEE's video report and I almost didn't make
>> it there on Sunday.
>>

>I am glad you did, you really helped me with useful updates to my MicroVAX,
>DECnet, and understanding how to set the configuration, queues, files,
>networking, and so on.  I was amazed my MicroVAX SMTP routing was being
>hijacked already. I need to sure that up.
>
>I have already set things back for service, now with my new VT220, to
>continue this project.

You, as well as the rest of the internet, would be better served if you'd
update/upgrade VMS and that Multinet installation on your machine.  There
are way too many nefarious types looking to exploit any system as soon as
it is connected to the internet, as you were witness to on Sunday.  There
are many more safeguards in the recent versions that would serve you well.