[vcf-midatlantic] MMJ cables for cheap

David Riley fraveydank at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:50:02 EDT 2016

On Apr 23, 2016, at 18:29, David Hoelzer <dhoelzer at enclaveforensics.com> wrote:

> Those are super, but I have DEC gear with MMJ sockets..  I also have a stack of DB9-MMJ converters from when I owned Alphas too.

I have lots of DEC gear with MMJ sockets as well; it's almost exclusively what I use these for, with MMJ->8p8c cables to connect them. But as I said, I also have a big 48-port terminal server that also uses the same 8p8c pinout, so I guess it's more a matter of convenience for me (that, and I hadn't found the MMJ->DE9 converters at a reasonable price; thanks, VAXman!). If you have lots of other serial equipment that uses 8p8c (very popular for Cyclades, Sun, Cisco, others), those cables can be VERY handy.

- Dave