[vcf-midatlantic] VCF's HOPE exhibit

Dan Roganti ragooman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 14:44:56 EDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic <

> Can't believe I forgot about that! Read about it many times. My first
>> computer exposure was turtle * graphics * on a VIC-20, but I've
>> definitely read about the earlier versions. Wonder if we can make
>> something like that....
>>

> PS. I'm not seriously suggesting that we try. As noted on the site Dan
> linked, it's controlled "via a radio transceiver attached to a teletype
> terminal connected to a remote computer." Sounds just slightly complicated
> to build between now and HOPE. :)

​yeaaa, it's not a tech issue, it's not enough pop, caffeine, food and lost
work days :)
But always possible for a museum exhibit​

btw, those motors for the KIM-1 robot are heavy and unobtanium
It's a geared motor including the wheel and mounting shaft,
they were originally used in some old electric cart.
Have to dig them out of the storage box, but if you guy are serious,
I'll help you organize the parts list and I'll donate the motors to build
one for the museum
​Dan
​