[vcf-midatlantic] HERO batteries

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Tue Apr 26 17:16:49 EDT 2016

> I've already polled the Hero robot owners group about what modern batteries a Hero 1 can use

My inclination is to remove the HERO battery, open it up (nearly
Dremeling is necessary), and have it rebuilt by Batteries Plus using
comparable NiCads with modern amperage. That's what I did for an IBM
Simon phone last year and it worked fantastically well. Rebuilt the two
halves of the pack with epoxy and then sanded it flat.

Alex, let's talk (off-list) about when you can make another trip up here.