[vcf-midatlantic] MAC with squashed screen

Ian Primus ian.primus.ccmp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:09:22 EDT 2016

Kind of covered - in my class on CRT monitor repair, I mentioned
vertical problems like this, and in my old Mac class, I went over some
of the basics there, but, didn't specifically get to this as it
relates to Macs. It's hard to cram that much information into a one
hour class - I had to move rather quickly.

The 128 uses a pair of discrete transistors for it's vertical driver.
One of the caps in that circuit has failed/is failing. I'm guessing
it's C6. Failing that, it's either C5 or C11. While you're in there,
be sure to resolder the yoke connector, it's a very common point for
cold solder joints (will cause total loss of deflection)

-Ian