[vcf-midatlantic] MAC with squashed screen (william degnan)

Earl Baugh earl at baugh.org
Fri Apr 29 11:58:22 EDT 2016

> I am thinking about working to repair the display on my '84 MAC,
> occasionally the horizontal is "squashed" although for now it recovers.
> Was this covered in any VCF E classes this or last year?
>
> http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=95
>
> I assume there are a few places on the web that describe MAC repairs like
> these, but any comments as to what to target are welcome and will save me
> some time.

Bill,

Just an FYI, these two books : Dead Mac Scrolls (
http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Mac-Scrolls-MacIntosh-Thousands/dp/0940235250)
and Mac Classic & Se: Repair and Upgrade Secrets (
http://www.amazon.com/Mac-Classic-Se-Upgrade-Secrets/dp/1566090229)
Are extremely useful books for this type of repair.  I use them both a lot
on all of the unibody Macs that I'm fixing.

Details on what parts drive what in ways that are fairly simple to
understand (I just need the guidance as to what part to replace as
well... not an EE... I can solder well enough for any sort of repair on
these :-) )

I've also got some things for stuck drives (and sources for the gear that
can go as well).

Earl