[vcf-midatlantic] MAC with squashed screen (william degnan)

Jason Perkins perkins.jason at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 12:07:41 EDT 2016

I just repaired a stuck eject mechanism on a 512k, and used my go-to
lubricant... schaeffer's penetro 90. It breaks down the old grease,
and leaves lubrication behind unlike wd-40.

Someone had removed a disk from the drive forcefully, and broke the
plastic piece that moves into the optical sensor to tell the drive
when the disk is installed. To fix it I heated up a piece of wire with
a torch and melted it into the plastic. After trimming to length it
works perfectly.

-J

--
Jason Perkins