[vcf-midatlantic] MAC with squashed screen (william degnan)

Ian Primus ian.primus.ccmp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 14:01:12 EDT 2016

I went over how to repair jammed up drives in my mac repair seminar at
VCFE, and repaired an 800K drive there - don't know if anyone
videotaped it or not. I could definitely do it again at the next
workshop, if anyone is interested. Can go over 400K and 800K drives.

It boils down to knowing how to take the mechanism apart and remove
the metal loading part. Then it's just straightforward dissolving of
the old grease with your favorite solvent, and relubricating with
something suitable, such as lithium grease or silicone lubricant.

-Ian