[vcf-midatlantic] IBM 3174 (older version)

Matt Patoray mspproductions at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 10:51:35 EDT 2016

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic <

> For $88, it's prob close to a handful of people here who could pick up,
> someone I am sure could make use of this for their IBM 80's 90's mainframe
> stuff...I know Dave McGuire has an IBM S/370 system that use two of these
> as part of it at the museum in Pittsb.  The're used to connect printers and
> terminals.
>
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBM-3174-11R-CONTROLLER-DATA-
> PROCESSOR-/142073134011?hash=item211437fbbb:g:XiYAAOSwUuFWv0sw
>
> --
> Bill Degnan

It looks like this terminal controller uses SNA not Bus and Tag(Parallel
channel IO) through Bus and Tag could be added through another I/O card,
this is also the single floppy drive model so that limits its functionality
a bit over the 2 floppy model. They are not that bad to move, just really
an awkward size, shape (I have managed to take one and stack it on top of a
DEC short rack without too much trouble).

--
Matt Patoray
Owner, MSP Productions