[vcf-midatlantic] Aug 2016 Workshop

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Mon Aug 22 19:29:25 EDT 2016

http://www.retrotechnology.com/restore/vcf_aug16.html

Still catching up after my Workshop appearance and work Sunday. Good to
see my friends again and all-that-hardware. A mountain of 1960's
transistor modules! Macs of various flavors. An early early Lear-Siegler
terminal. Car repairs or avoidance thereof. And of course the VCF Museum.

I've not captioned the photos much on my Web page - send me ID's and
details so I can update the Web page.

My fun was to take a S-100 system obtained Saturday, and getting it to
power on Sunday. That is, after cleaning out the dust and subjecting to
the Mach 1 power-vacuum at Infoage.

Very careful powering process - Variac to bring up the S-100 power caps,
keep the voltage down when running the box. Ohmic checks on the S-100
cards to look for shorted caps. Then adding cards to the chassis to
check the regulators at work. No problems, no explosions. I'll have a
Web page on restoring that Problem Solver System box and cards, soon.
Had some interesting ownership.

Herb
--
Herbert R. Johnson,  New Jersey USA