[vcf-midatlantic] oldest email address in the club

william degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:15:58 EDT 2016

I registered degnanco.com some time in Oct or Nov 1995, set up
billdeg-at-degnanco.com then.   It is still live today but it just forwards
now to another account.

Even older is my aol.com address from earlier in 1995, probably the spring,
maybe late 1994 I don't remember.  I also had an even older ICI work email
that could be used to send Internet messages and a CompuServe account but
only the aol.com account is still around from the mid 90's.

The first Internet email I received was probably in 1993 or 94 via ICI's
corporate email system (VAX).  I think the sender was a company called
Sales Technologies.  I was doing a lot of Internet but not quite WWW
communications with software back then.  I printed emails when they were
important back then!  I may still have it someplace.

My first email address was my IBM work email address, 1987, but I don't
remember it other than it was in the IBM PROFs system.  I don't know if one
could send Internet email with it, I never asked.

Thanks for your replies.

Bill

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Michael Lee via vcf-midatlantic <