[vcf-midatlantic] oldest email address in the club

David Riley fraveydank at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:21:52 EDT 2016

On Aug 29, 2016, at 11:01 AM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:

> Hey,
> Anyone still operating actively an email address from before 1995 that one
> can send a message and receive a reply without turning on an old server,
> etc.
>
> In short, something more or less continuously in production daily with the
> same FQDN, etc?

My old AOL account from circa 1992 probably still exists, but I haven't used it in well over a decade.

Slightly related: I did have a usa.net <http://usa.net/> email account around the same time (it was the first "real" free email service I could find that allowed POP/IMAP access, unlike Hotmail).  I wish I had kept better archives of that, since I have a number of shareware registration codes that were sent to that account; I have some printed out and stored (like you should), but I think some are lost to the ages.  Alas.  I think I have my old Mac with the Netscape Communicator account, but all it seems to have is the IMAP headers.

- Dave