[vcf-midatlantic] FS: Tanner/Digital Research 64K Static RAM for S-100 Bus Tested/Working

Systems Glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:14:05 EST 2016

link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272123001750

These are, in my opinion, exactly the kind of boards you want for old 8-bit S-100 boxes. Fully static, you can swap 2716 EPROMs in if you need to, and very low power draw. Pretty much the only kind of RAM board you can use if you want a full 64K (or close to it) in an original Altair with the original low-wattage power supply. This one has sockets for the last four RAM chips. The last two are not populated, as it came from a heavily modified Altair 8800 with a Turnkey card -- RAM from 0xF000 - 0xFFFF was disabled to allow the Turnkey card to co-exist. I can provide two 6116 static RAMs if desired.

One tantalum capacitor was shorted, so I went ahead and replaced all four. I also populated the board activity LED. Fully tested on my IMSAI 8080, including phantom. You'll find the manual listed under Digital Research (not sure if they bought Tanner, or what). The manual states the board is IEEE-696 compatible; however, that just means it follows IEEE-696 signal designations -- it is not 16-bit compatible.

Thanks,
Jonathan