[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Disable Windows 10 "upgrade"....

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Fri Feb 5 13:53:38 EST 2016

 From what I can tell, just turn off automatic updates, then Windows
7/8.x won't call home for Windows 10.

Currently we don't have Internet access in the new museum space anyhow
(InfoAge's wifi does not reach.)

We will look into getting some kind of bridge.

Even without the Microsoft patches, running a decent free A/V program
(Avast, AVG) and Spybot once a month keeps just about everything safe.
We should be fine for as little as we're going to actually use this
computer. Also pretty safe to say that anyone in this group knows what
not to click when online.