[vcf-midatlantic] What should be on our (tiny) workbench?

Systems Glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 10:38:07 EST 2016

> We'll need a decent soldering station and a set of tools. As you would
> all guess, my strong preference is to have one nice matching set of
> tools, not a hundred mismatched parts.

The trouble with that is, not all manufacturers are the best at producing a given item. For instance, I'd highly recommend getting a Wiha screwdriver set to minimize damaging screws (and for removing already damaged ones). But, I think Craftsman makes a perfectly fine set of ratchet and open end wrenches.

Likewise, I own a Hakko desoldering station, but my soldering irons are all Hexacon.

Thanks,
Jonathan