[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Virtualbox problems

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Wed Jan 13 10:16:35 EST 2016

> More likely when you updated your BIOS to turn off USB2 (why?)

No, that's not what I meant. Googling led to a lot of posts about
similar problems. A few people said disabling USB2 * in the Virtualbox
settings * did the trick. I didn't touch the hardware BIOS.

> update program also changed other things, in particular turning on VT-x
> support, which is not activated by default, assuming / guessing you have an
> AMD CPU motherboard because you've never been a fan of intel CPUs in the
> vintage world..

Nothing against Intel. :)  Yes I bought an AMD but only because it's
cheaper and the specs were better!