[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Virtualbox problems

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 10:47:42 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:28 AM, Evan Koblentz via vcf-midatlantic
<vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>> Try turning USB2 support back on
>

> Keyboard and mouse are both USB and both work fine in Ubuntu and in the
> virtualized W7.
>
> I tried re-enabling USB2 anyhow (again, we're talking in Virtualbox, not the
> BIOS) because W7 didn't find drives for a USB stick. Turning that back on
> promptly made W7/VB abort again. It's a low priority; I will figure that out
> (how to make USB sticks work there) another day.

Do you have the VirtualBox Extension pack installed which matches your
version of Virtualbox exactly?  The use of USB 2.0 requires the
Extension Pack.  I've had similar issues in the past where I updated
to the latest VirtualBox but didn't install the corresponding
Extension Pack.  It caused issues with various virtual machines which
were expecting the Extension Pack to be present (since it was present
before updating Virtualbox when the guest OS was installed).

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller
http://www.devinheitmueller.com