[vcf-midatlantic] Infoage outside ramp doors

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Sun Jan 17 13:44:06 EST 2016

> Guys, please be conscientious about closing BOTH sets of the outside
> ramp doors while at the workshop next weekend. ....
> Whatever happens, DO NOT prop open the doors (unless you want
> InfoAge to send you the heating bill) ... thanks in advance.

In my years of visiting InfoAge, "props" on doors seems to be the method
of choice. It was mentioned recently, that an old bubble iMac has been
used for years to prop open a door. (InfoAge is a large site with many
connected buildings.)

A simple response. Why not fix the doors, so they can be opened from the
outside without prop-ing them? Either better locks, or fix the jamming,
or better "props" which still seal the door, or add a doorbell to fetch
help. And post a sign inside the doors to enforce your rule. Such rules
are reasonable - fire code for instance - but it's also reasonable to
accommodate your guests.

If this is a serious enough issue to post a public request about it; it
was worth my attention to respond thoughtfully, to suggest the problem
be solved.

Herb Johnson

--
Herbert R. Johnson,  New Jersey USA