[vcf-midatlantic] Infoage outside ramp doors

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Sun Jan 17 14:05:24 EST 2016

>> Why not fix the doors, so they can be opened from the outside without prop-ing them?

I assumed the ramp doors are being propped due to laziness, not because they can't be opened from outside. I'll  have to check that.

There is nothing wrong with propping open a door while actually moving stuff through it. What prompted my message is we often see doors LEFT propped open when people are taking their leisurely time moving stuff or just forgotten about. The heating in that particular building doesn't work so well (way out of VCF's scope; InfoAge is aware of the issue) and I've heard the IA utility bills are huge. Let's do our part by at least being careful to close the doors in the winter.

Either way we can't change InfoAge things without permission.  We don't even know if they are broken.

>> And post a sign inside the doors to enforce your rule.

Yes, we will definitely do that.