[vcf-midatlantic] Infoage outside ramp doors

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Sun Jan 17 19:18:54 EST 2016

> Certainly, for fire-code and energy reasons, they should not be left
> that way. This seems to be what Evan has in mind.

I was thinking solely about the heat. Propping the doors open ** while
not loading/unloading ** wastes a lot of energy, and I frequently hear
IA management talk about the bills.

> For example - during the Festivus, I recall the outside doors to the
> grill, HAD to be kept from closing with a "prop". Otherwise, I could not
> get back in! Did they lock, jam or both?

That set of doors is just on the tight side. All one has to do is turn
the knob and pull with a little extra oomph. :)

>> And April's VCF-East is coming up too, even more movement then.

Heat won't be nearly the issue then as it is in winter.

> A block of wood on a chain, as a handy prop, may immediately solve
> the "wide open" problem. It won't fix a broken door, but it may help
> some people change their behavior

Depends how I use it. :)