[vcf-midatlantic] IBM FSU Static RAM Board...for S-100?!

Connor Krukosky connork at connorsdomain.com
Fri Jan 22 00:57:51 EST 2016

I have three of the FSU ram cards for IBM PC, they are quite odd indeed.
That S-100 board though is the most interesting use of them I have ever
seen.

I'd think the only way to get reliable replacements would be to make a
small PCB with a small surface-mount S-RAM chip on it to break out to
the original header.
And if you feel you must make it look original as possible you could pop
the cap off the old chip and stick it over the new board.
I'd think this would be the only reasonable way to get replacements.

I will be checking my ram boards shortly since I just picked up an IBM
PC that should be in good working condition.
If there are any failures of the FSU modules that's the route I will
probably go.

Sadly you obviously can't use the ISA card's chips to replace the ones
in the S-100 board since they were made about 10 years apart according
to size and chip date codes.
The FSU modules on the ISA card should be 64k x 9 (maybe only 64k x 8)?
The part number being 6119927.

-Connor K