[vcf-midatlantic] Girl Scout cookies... vintage computer related!

Kelly Leavitt kelly at catcorner.org
Tue Jan 26 07:44:51 EST 2016

Brian Schenkenberger writes:
> Corey Cohen via vcf-midatlantic writes:
>
>>It's better for your waistline to use a space- emergency blanket from
>>Walmar= t.  Cost a couple of bucks and is nearly a lifetime supply of
>>Mylar. =20
>
>These?
>
>http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Original-Space-Brand-Emergency-Blanket-Silver/15935551
>
>Do you know its thickness?  There's no specs listed on Walmart's page.
These are exactly what I use. 1 mil or less in thickness. An entire blanket would blow away in a light breeze.

I make a sandwich of this Mylar, some expanded foam (still looking for a GOOD foam) and plastic sheet separators (designed for 3 hole binders) from Staples. I spray each surface with contact glue, let it dry to tacky and make the sandwich. I then lay the sandwich on the concrete floor, put a board over it and put a few old computers on top to press it out.

When dry, I use a 7/16" leather punch, but I just use my hand, not a mallet. A push and a twist from the sheet separator side yields 1 foam insert.

Kelly