[vcf-midatlantic] "Snow storm" messages

Tony Bogan thebogans at mac.com
Tue Jan 26 13:19:53 EST 2016

> On Jan 26, 2016, at 1:10 PM, william degnan via vcf-midatlantic <vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Tony Bogan via vcf-midatlantic <

>>> vcf-midatlantic at lists.vintagecomputerfederation.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Part of the problem is so many untrimmed top and middle posts it's
>>> impossible to tell if a new post is a copy or just a sloppy netiquette.
>>>
>>> The archives of this message board speak for themselves
>>>
>>> Bill
>>
>> It is just an informal email list amongst acquaintances, hobbyists and
>> friends, not an attempt to write the next Gettysburg Address.
>> Lighten up Francis ;-)
>> Tony
>

> Tony - I am the founding VP of MARCH who served 9 years on the board of
> directors.  I am heavily involved in the web project here today.  I have
> the right as a defacto moderator to say yes, use better netiquette when
> posting to this board.
>

> Bill

Bill, I know both who you are and your long history with MARCH/VCF.
While I have never questioned your "right" to say or comment in any way, shape or form, and have neither questioned not ignored your contributions to MARCH/VCF in general or the retro-computing community specifically, I nevertheless have just as much of a "right" to try and lighten what are often your condescending or "aggravated" comments about the way people comment/post to the list.

I can only assume you missed the "Stripes" reference and "winky" emoticon. Not to mention the fact that I made sure to both trim AND bottom post! :-)

However, your response was both anticipated and duly noted.

Thank you for both your prior and future contributions. I hope to be able to say a decade from now that I am still involved with this group and active at the infoage/VCF museum and that you and many others are as well!
Tony