[vcf-midatlantic] 1541 maintenance article

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Thu Jan 28 11:06:33 EST 2016

>> The article seems very straightforward: www.vcfed.org/evan/1541.pdf.
>>
>> I encourage everyone to read it and consider its advice. Sometimes simple
>> adjustments are a smarter choice vs. immediately jumping into all kinds of
>> fancy electronic stuff. :)
>>

> Thanks Evan, this is a nice article.  I have a few books on repairing
> 1541's too, I was thinking to bring.

You're welcome.

I like this article because it is very simple. "Even an Evan can
understand!"

Obviously some of the drives will need sophisticated repair. But I'm
thinking that the basics in this article should be tried before we
starting probing and soldering anything. :)

Someone should bring a metric crap-ton of sticky labels, so we don't get
confused about who owns which drives. VCF itself probably has a dozen or
so of the 1541s.