[vcf-midatlantic] Vintage (yes really) Cisco router/TS

Herb Johnson hjohnson at retrotechnology.info
Sat Jul 2 13:36:33 EDT 2016

Neil Cherry initiated this discussion thread, about his Cisco router. At
some point he posted:

 > Sorry about the trip down memory lane, those were some fun times.

Neil, do not apologize for describing your experiences with now-vintage
computing equipment. You've provided a valuable service.

By your posting this item, and the discussions of it, there is now a
year 2016 trail of what it was, how it was used, how it led to other
products, and something of its content. When "multibus" was mentioned,
that caught my attention - Multibus is an interest of mine, any Google
search of my Web site will show my interests. Others of course were/are
interested in "Ethernet" or "Sun Microsystems", and so on.

Many people look to decades-old Usenet discussions of even older
equipment and still-fresh memories, as posted at that time. Those
discussions were preserved and made available much later and today. They
have been resources I and others have used to restore and support that
vintage equipment. Some number of those posters, are not active, or not
around, today.

"Sauce for the goose, is sauce for the gander". (Please, this is not a
punch line, I'm making a point not a joke.)

Thank you and your respondents, for preserving your knowledge of this
part of early Multibus, Ethernet, and related technologies.

Herb Johnson
retrotechnology.com

--
Herbert R. Johnson,  New Jersey USA