[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Likely failure mode of LCD of early portable PCs, T6600C

Bill Dromgoole drummy at comcast.net
Mon Jul 4 00:06:27 EDT 2016

Some times the inverter power supply is bad.
Other times it is the cold cathode lamp in the lcd panel.
Try shining a flash light directly on the screen of the laptop.
You should be able to see the correct display very dimly.
If you can see it it means the lamp is not lit.
Could be either of the above reasons.
Inverter power supply is relatively cheap and easy to try.
The lamp is a PITA to change .I tried once but with limited sucess.
I think the whole LCD panel was ony about $60 on eBay from china.

Good luck.