[vcf-midatlantic] OT (maybe WAY OFF topic)

Ethan telmnstr at 757.org
Sat Jul 16 08:55:40 EDT 2016

> I was resisting to play this game, but I was curious. This is one of those
> fads that makes me curious and I wanted to see what it actually was and
> looked like. It will be one of those things we look back on 10 years from

I played Ingress. I remember capturing portals @ VCF East last year.

It's interesting that the Ingress game got so big.

I don't know how well it will last though, you will have the power people
that just play it non-stop and become the kings of the game. Also strange
communities with all their drama around it.

I used the same nickname I used on the BBS systems on Ingress and I must
of run into 15 people from the old school BSS days on Ingress (many of
whom were also using their BBS handles!) That part was wild to me.

The Ingress client kept getting "updated" and to the point where it would
no longer run on my phone. When I upgraded I could play it again, but then
they kept feature creeping it to the point of it not running. I like my
cell phones with physical keyboards so I can use the control/esc keys
for unix screen utility and stuff, so I'm stuck at the pinnacle of
keyboarded Android phones which is pretty old.

So now I have to run Ingress or the Go thing on a tethered tablet or phone
that is more capable of drawing crap when you really don't care about any
of hte graphics.

Also, the entire idea of Pokemon is dog fighting.