[vcf-midatlantic] Unusual workshop hours :)

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Sun Jul 17 05:53:40 EDT 2016

The museum workshop stopped at 9pm last night, but I didn't start at home until 7pm. Stayed up until now (5:45am) working on Lego stuff for my HOPE game next weekend. Redesigned the reduction gearbox for compactness. Now it's half the size and just as efficient. We only have two motors. One opens and closes the garage door to let cars down the track. The other moves the garage sideways for aiming the cars. Players will control both of them using my BASIC program, so I dug through my big box o' childhood Legos and found some computer-y looking parts from a Lego space station model. I will make a little control room. If anyone asks, that's what runs all the action. :) Going to sleep for a while and get back to building and coding later.