[vcf-midatlantic] OT: Will be in Philly, anything I should check out

Bill Dromgoole drummy at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 12:26:09 EDT 2016

If you get a chance try to visit the Battleship New Jersey museum.
http://www.battleshipnewjersey.org/
Take the fire control turret II tour and you can see an operational mechanical
computer.
There are also a lot of teletypes and paper tape devices.
I think there is a AN/UYK-20 computer on display as well.
Its a little pricey at $29.95 but is worth it.
The tour is at 11:00 am on Saturday and Sunday.
Takes an hour and a half.

Bill D