[vcf-midatlantic] Repair TRS-80 pocket computer screen

Corey Cohen applecorey at optonline.net
Thu Jun 2 13:25:01 EDT 2016

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 1:05 PM, Christopher Blackmon <ckblackm at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how to repair/replace the screen on a TRS-80 pocket computer?
> It looks like the edges of the screen are bleeding ink or something.
> Christopher.

Replacing is a pain because you need to find a replacement glass.  There are some people who have split the screen, cleaned it and reassembled.  Personally it seems a daunting task to me.

I'd locate another unit and use your current one for parts.  When you get the new unit, open it up and using aquarium silicon sealer to run a bead around the edge of the LCD display so that it stays sealed.  The PC-1 has an early LCD screen and the seals can dry out and then start the LCD bleeding process.  Sealing the LCD should prevent the issue.    I have done this to my PC-1 and have no bleeding or issues.

Cheers,
Corey

corey cohen
uǝɥoɔ ʎǝɹoɔ