[vcf-midatlantic] What's this part called?

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Mon Jun 13 19:05:35 EDT 2016

>> You don't need the riser to use the computer, as long as you have a reference disk to initialize the system.  You reboot after initialization and stick in a DOS 3.3 disk to drive A to boot to the
OS.

This is moot: the computer boots into DOS from c:\ and works fine. I tried it tonight.

>> One more thing....The model 30 may not be compatible with the Lego device.
Do you have a workng 5155 (XT Portable?) that would work for sure.

We tried six Compaq portables and two 5155s at the workshop. None booted. I'm sure some of them can be fixed but there was not enough time because I had to leave early yesterday for a family thing.

Anyway, I'm feeling intrigued by the ISA-to-USB adapter concept. That would solve multiple problems.