[vcf-midatlantic] FS: Robot Research 800H RTTY/SSTV Unit (8085 based, parallel keyboard)

Systems Glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 15:37:52 EDT 2016

link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/272287313991

Figured I'd post this here since this RTTY/SSTV unit is basically a vintage computer internally -- Intel 8085 based, composite video output, old Teletype layout keyboard, et c. Lots of good parts and a very heavy-duty keyboard enclosure if someone wants to roll their own computer into the chassis, repurpose the 8085 board inside, or just use the keyboard/enclosure with a vintage computer. It appears to be functional, but I don't have a receiver for RTTY/SSTV to actually tune in a station. Keyboard works with no stuck/dead keys that I noticed.

This unit has RS-232 output, don't know about input, but I suspect it could be used with a composite monitor as a RS-232 terminal with a little modification.

Price based on what similar RTTY gear has sold for recently, make an offer!

Thanks,
Jonathan