[vcf-midatlantic] [OT] In the Bay Area...On the Wrong Day

malcolm at avitech.com.au malcolm at avitech.com.au
Tue Jun 28 06:37:46 EDT 2016

>>I am in the SF Bay Area, until Thursday, for a conference, so I figured that I should check out the Computer History Museum, which I have never seen,
>>to my shame.  But then I found out that it is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays, which pretty much makes it impossible for me, as I have customer
>>meetings all day Wednesday and Thursday.
>>
>>Does anyone else have suggestions of things worth doing, other than the standard Weird Stuff/Halted visits?

Pity about the timing re CHM.  It's really worth seeing.  Bump the customer meeting?

Now I'm not sure recommendations from an Australian count for anything, but I'd add to the list (depending on your taste):

- Anchor Electronics (the only place I know that still has S-100 board kits hanging on the wall - and handwritten itemised receipts)
- Winchester Historic Firearms Museum (I've not been, and I'm not into guns, but it's been recommended to me from a historical/tech perspective)
- Pacific Pinball Museum
- Alcatraz
- If the weather conditions are favourable: Watching the afternoon fog roll in under/over the Golden Gate Bridge or during the game at AT&T Park
- Visit a local vintage computer collector