[vcf-midatlantic] Need a couple AUI cables - building 10base-5 LAN

Jim Scheef jscheef at outlook.com
Wed Jun 29 16:30:02 EDT 2016

Hello all,
Please forgive my infrequent lurking. For those who do not know me (most of you) I'm the guy who helps Kelly in the consignment room at VCF-E each year.
I've decided to build a 10base-5 LAN segment in my basement. Right now I'm in the collecting the parts stage and need 2 or 3 AUI cables no more than 2 meters long. They must have that arcane DB-15 connector with the sliding clip.
I also need two N-connector terminators (50 ohm, of course).
So far I have a three short lengths of real ether hose with N-connectors and three Cabletron ST-500 transceivers (2 more would be nice). Unfortunately these have a BNC connector where the vampire tap should be, so I'm working on that.
In the meantime, some short, good AUI cables would be a big boost. I will be happy to pay reasonable price plus shipping. Anyone?

Longer term, would it not be cool if our museum had a working 10base-5 LAN hanging from the rafters providing connectivity between the Vaxen, PDPs and other period machines? Maybe even to the inter-tubes!

Thanks,
Jim