[vcf-midatlantic] Need a couple AUI cables - building 10base-5 LAN

Duane DBC1964 at cox.net
Wed Jun 29 16:52:11 EDT 2016

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Scheef via vcf-midatlantic
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:30 PM
To: 'vcf-midatlantic'
Cc: Jim Scheef
Subject: [vcf-midatlantic] Need a couple AUI cables - building 10base-5 LAN

Hello all,
Please forgive my infrequent lurking. For those who do not know me (most of
you) I'm the guy who helps Kelly in the consignment room at VCF-E each year.
I've decided to build a 10base-5 LAN segment in my basement. Right now I'm
in the collecting the parts stage and need 2 or 3 AUI cables no more than 2
meters long. They must have that arcane DB-15 connector with the sliding
clip.
I also need two N-connector terminators (50 ohm, of course).
So far I have a three short lengths of real ether hose with N-connectors and
three Cabletron ST-500 transceivers (2 more would be nice). Unfortunately
these have a BNC connector where the vampire tap should be, so I'm working
on that.
In the meantime, some short, good AUI cables would be a big boost. I will be
happy to pay reasonable price plus shipping. Anyone?

Longer term, would it not be cool if our museum had a working 10base-5 LAN
hanging from the rafters providing connectivity between the Vaxen, PDPs and
other period machines? Maybe even to the inter-tubes!

Thanks,
Jim