[vcf-midatlantic] Unknown Sperry Univac Display Boards

Systems Glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 14:00:23 EDT 2016

I picked up three Sperry Univac boards in a lot of scrap the other day:

http://imgur.com/a/9BBQ0

The first image is representative of two of the boards. They are heavily built, conformally coated, and the one in the second picture has an aerospace type connector in one place. The displays are HP LED hex displays (or a second source). The aluminum frame around the board appears to be a heatsink for the displays and a few of the ICs.

Does anyone know what these are? I was going to remove the displays from the boards for use in other projects, but I don't want to destroy them if they're useful to someone else.

Thanks,
Jonathan