[vcf-midatlantic] Our new museum neighbors

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Thu Mar 3 00:16:50 EST 2016

Our main neighbors in the new museum will be the Garden State Central
Model Railroad Club.

They are posting a build diary of their layout at
http://gardenstatecentral.com.

They're very friendly people and they understand what VCF is all about.
They personally did a large amount of work on the space we're occupying
along with the classroom area down the hall. (They have permission from
InfoAge to put mobile exhibits in that room, and they'll move the
exhibits out when we or any other group needs the room for events.)

There are two other organizations in the building. NJARC has a storage
room there (I've never seen inside, so I don't know how big/small it
is), and (it appears) there is some kind of surfing exhibit being built.
I don't personally know what surfing has to do with historic electronic
technology, nor do I know the status of that group's exhibit -- they
moved some things into their room a few years ago and it seems unchanged
since then. Anyway, InfoAge has them as a member organization, so we
wish them well.